Vancouver’s Immigration

Immigrating to Canada is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that involves a rigorous application process. You may encounter a lot of paperwork requirements, administrative challenges, and policy-related issues that make it challenging to manage the immigration process on your own. To improve your chances of success, hiring a knowledgeable and experienced Canadian immigration lawyer is in your best interests.

At Lam Legal, our lawyers have substantial training, expertise, and experience in practicing immigration law. We will ensure that whichever path you take to immigrate to Canada, your application is completed quickly and accurately.

Book A Consultation

"*" indicates required fields


Lam Legal offers the following immigration services:

Spousal Sponsorship

If you’re a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you can sponsor your spouse for permanent residency. You’ll be required to provide immigration authorities with a marriage certificate as evidence of your spousal relationship. Our lawyers will provide knowledgeable legal counsel and thoroughly investigate your spouse’s eligibility for this sponsorship.

Motorcycle Accidents

Motorcycle riders don’t have the same protection as people driving cars. You’re more vulnerable to serious injury in an accident, especially if you don’t wear full protective gear when riding. Coming into contact with another vehicle can lead to permanent injuries. We will thoroughly investigate your accident to prove the facts of your case and obtain the maximum compensation permitted by law.

Child Sponsorship

f you’re eligible, you can sponsor your foreign-born dependent children for immigration to Canada. A child, regardless of whether they are biological or adopted, is considered a dependent if they are under the age of 22 and are not married or in a common-law relationship. A child over the age of 22 is viewed as a dependent if they have a physical or mental condition that makes it impossible for them to support themselves.

The following criteria are required for you to sponsor your child:

  • You must be at least 18 years old.
  • You need Canadian citizenship.
  • You must be prepared to sign a 10-year commitment promising to take financial responsibility for the child once they get to Canada.

As your lawyers, we will explain your legal options and guide you through every step of the complex immigration process.

Parental Sponsorship

To sponsor your parents or grandparents, you must follow a two-step process known as parental sponsorship. In this process, you first apply to be approved as a sponsor before your foreign parents apply for permanent residency, enabling them to pursue employment and education and use social services. Parental sponsorship involves providing evidence, filing forms and adhering to strict deadlines. Our experienced immigration lawyers will make the process as easy as possible.

Express Entry

If you’re a student hoping to pursue higher education in Canada or receive a work permit, Express Entry offers a path to permanent residency. This immigration process involves quick processing times of six months or less. Express Entry manages applications for permanent residence under the following federal economic immigration programs:

  • The Federal Skilled Worker Program
  • The Federal Skilled Trades Program
  • The Canadian Experience Class

Lam Legal’s immigration lawyers will guide you through your application and prevent issues before they arise.

Citizenship Appeals

There are numerous reasons the Canadian consulate might refuse your immigration application. If your application for citizenship in Canada was denied, your citizenship revoked, or your work permit extension denied, you may object or appeal the decision to the authorities in charge of citizenship. Our lawyers can explain the relevant laws and procedures and determine the best immigration appeal strategy for your situation.

PR Obligations and Spousal Sponsorship Fraud

If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who has been abandoned by your sponsored spouse, it can be heartbreaking to realize that your spouse may have married you just to acquire Canadian citizenship. If you believe you’re a victim of a marriage of convenience, schedule a consultation with one of our immigration lawyers. We will gather all the facts of your immigration case and submit it to Canadian authorities. If immigration officials rule that your claim is valid, your spouse may not be permitted to renew their permanent residency.

Why Choose Lam Legal?

Immigration can be costly, time-consuming and complex. Mistakes made during the application process can hinder or reset the process altogether. At Lam legal, we will:

  • manage communications with the immigration authorities
  • complete and review the required immigration forms
  • create a plan to gather and review supporting documentation
  • provide legal submissions to support your sponsorship application
  • respond to all fairness letters sent by immigration authorities

Are You Looking for an Immigration Lawyer in Vancouver?

If you want to move to Canada or sponsor your loved ones for Canadian immigration, contact us at Lam Legal. Our lawyers will advise you and help you successfully undertake the immigration application process.

Call us today at 604.239.0529 or visit our head office in Fairview, Vancouver, for an in-person appointment.

Contact Us

"*" indicates required fields